Archive for January, 2011

Child care workers care for and teach children not yet ready for kindergarten and in some cases supervise school aged children before and after school. There are generally three recognized categories of child care works: private workers who care for children at the child’s home; family child care workers who care for children in their home; and child care workers who work at child care facilities.

If you are retired from educational training, child care work, or have extra time, you can provide your services and participate in the professional development of child care workers. Persons with special training in First Aid and CPR can also provide their services to child care facilities by training and certifying child care workers of all kinds.

Or, maybe you are a worker who desires to be coached and be trained in child care development and work. Finding a person able to train and willing to work with you may be difficult in your location. It is possible to find that person to help you on the Internet. It’s just a matter of two people finding each other.

Considerations for becoming a Child Care Worker:

1. State law requirements. States have different requirements for those who own or work in child care centers. Some require no education, while others require special certifications or college degrees. People essentially babysitting are generally not required to have special degrees.

2. License. Licenses for child care are required by most states when the number of children reaches a certain level. The number of children necessary varies from state to state. Works may be required to have minimum training, certain immunizations, and usually have to pass a background check.

3. Certification. Obtaining certification in First Aid and CPR is often necessary for child care center workers. There are several sources for finding a trainer to provide this certification, including the Internet.

4. On-site Training. Many employers will provide specialized training for the specific tasks you will be asked to complete. Safety and health topics are an ongoing experience. Finding someone to provide this is possible by looking on the Internet.

5. Degree. If you have the time, earning a degree in early childhood education or development will provide more opportunities for work as well as the potential of extra income training other workers.

Child care working is a very noble job that requires at least some training which you can provide or find by searching the Internet.

Read Full Post »

« Newer Posts